Table of Contents
Can Delta 8 Make You Fail a Drug Test?
Will Delta-8 show up on a drug test?
Can Delta 8 THC make me fail a drug test?
Or how long does Delta 8 stay in your system?
I often see a lot of people asking the aforesaid questions. If you are a regular cannabinoid consumer or intend on trying some Delta 8 products, you too must be curious about how long does delta 8 stays in your system. Whether you are looking ahead to a test for psychoactive compounds in your system or are just curious about cannabinoids and their retention, I recommend you stop and read this one.
This blog from CBD World Web talks about everything that you need to know about before undergoing a drug test. It includes the answer to how long does Delta 8 stays in your system, besides the practices that aid the quick flushing of psychoactive metabolites from your body. Rest assured, whether they are looking ahead to the tests for psychoactive compounds including cannabinoids (cannabis compounds) CBD, CBN or, THC, at the end of this blog, you shall know what you need to do to pass the test.
What is Delta 8 THC?
Unless you are new to the cannabis world, you must have heard about the term Delta-8 THC at least once in your life. It might come as a surprise but, did you know that a cannabis plant (hemp or marijuana) has over 113 cannabinoids. Cannabinoids are the chemical compounds found in cannabis plants. Delta 8 is a variety of very popular cannabinoids called THC. It is one of the many cannabinoids, aka cannabis compounds, that are safe for consumption. Considering its therapeutic value, many states across the globe have started legalizing its medicinal and personal use. Delta 8 THC is thus a legal cannabinoid with widely appreciated therapeutic value. The benefits of consuming Delta 8 THC include:
- Relief from stress and anxiety
- Relaxed muscles
- Eliminate pain and fatigue
- Relief in insomnia
- Improved focus and concentration
- Relief from restlessness
If Delta 8 THC is Legal, Why Does it Matter Before a Drug Test? (Delta 8 vs Delta 9)
Now that’s the question worth considering. Delta 8 THC is a cannabinoid that is legal in almost all countries worldwide. Then why does it matter before a test? Read through to know more.
To know the answer to this question, you will have to dive an inch deeper into understanding how cannabinoids are metabolized in your body. The process starts with you consuming the compound. Like every other product that you consume, your body starts metabolizing the Delta 8 products too, post-consumption. Post metabolism, the majority of the waste cannabinoid/psychoactive compound is flushed out of the body. But there’s some residue left. We know this residue as residual metabolites. These metabolites nest in the various parts of your body like fat cells, hair, sweat, urine, etc. And it takes lots more than usual time for your body to flush the compounds inhibiting fat cells.
Also, Check – How Long Does Weed Stay in the System of an Athlete?
The various drug tests are designed to look for these metabolites in your body. It tells about your consumption activities of psychoactive compounds from the past.
Coming back to the topic, why do Delta 8 metabolites matter before a test!
The cannabinoid THC alone can be broken into 80 metabolites. The metabolite for Delta 8 happens to be the same as that of Delta 9. And Delta 9, ladies and gentlemen, is an illegal compound. You might have consumed the legal Delta 8 cannabinoid, but there’s no way to know whether the metabolite traced in your body is Delta 8 or 9. It also means that you can fail a drug test for consuming Delta 8 THC too.
Why is Delta 8 THC so Popular?
Delta 8 THC is widely popular for its therapeutic value. It is one of the most commonly used cannabinoids for medicinal purposes. It is known to provide relief against several ailments and diseases. The following reasons make Delta 8 THC a popularly used cannabis compound.
- Relief from stress and anxiety
- Improve focus and concentration
- Boost mood
- Induce calmness
- Ease muscular pain
- Relief from insomnia
- Remove fatigue and tiredness
How Long Does Delta 8 Stay in Your System?
Like I stated above, the cannabinoid metabolites take residence in the fat cells of our body. And it may take more than usual for your body to flush out the waste produced by these metabolites.
You must know that the cannabinoids and other psychoactive compounds depart your system via urine. These compounds may stay in your system for about 4-8 days since consumption before complete removal. This span may vary depending upon how frequently you consume Delta 8 THC or any other cannabinoid. For a regular consumer of Delta 8 THC, the retention span may go as high as a month or two.
Factors That Affect the Retention of Psychoactive Compounds in Your Body
Several studies done on the retention of psychoactive compounds suggest that a group of factors can affect the duration of cannabinoids in your body. These factors also determine how long does Delta 8 stays in your system. Let’s take a look at them:
- The potency of Delta 8 THC compound consumed: The products with a high concentration of THC will require more time to flush out of the system. It means the compounds remain detectable for a longer time.
- How frequently one consumes the cannabinoid: For an occasional consumer, it takes about 4-8 days to metabolize the psychoactive compound. But for someone who consumes THC regularly, the compound may remain in his system for over two months.
- Method of Consumption: When consumed via inhalation, THC is metabolized faster than when consumed in the form of an edible.
- Age of the Consumer: The biological age of the consumer speaks a lot about his metabolism rate. And the retention of psychoactive elements in the body strongly depends on the metabolism rate of the system.
- Metabolism Rate: Faster the metabolism, faster the Delta 8 THC eliminates from your system.
- Dosage Used: The products with a heavier dose of THC will take longer to move out from your system.
- Supplements Used in the Compound: The supplements in the Delta 8 product that you consume also affects how long does Delta 8 stay in your system. Several supplements in the product may require the same set of enzymes to metabolize as Delta It may thus slow down the overall process of removing metabolites.
- Type of Drug-Screening: The different drug tests have varying potential to detect cannabinoid metabolites. The most popular drug screenings can show/detect Delta 8 THC metabolites in the following manner:
- Urine Test: Up to 2 months
- Blood Test: Up to 2 days
- Hair Follicle Test: About 3 months
- Saliva or Oral Test: Up to 2 days
Steps to Flush Delta 8 THC from Your Body Quickly
There are a few practices that can help you flush Delta 8 THC quickly from your system. They are:
- Stop the consumption/intake of the product
- Consume fluids
- Maintain a balanced diet
- Get adequate sleep
- Involve in physical activities
- Practice calmness and focus
- Consume detox products