Whether a newbie or someone experienced, you should always have room for curiosity to know more. That’s because irrespective of the industry you are in and no matter how well-versed you are, you can never be a know-it-all person. The same goes for cannabis users. It does not matter whether you are a newcomer standing on the threshold to the cannabis world, or an experienced weed consumer, you might definitely be curious to know the effects this psychoactive plant called cannabis and its products have on your body. You might want to know how long does weed stays in your system for a beginner.
So, if you are someone curious about the effects of Marijuana (cannabis) or an athlete looking ahead to a drug test, this one from CBD World Web is for you. The blog aims to answer how long does weed stay in the system of an athlete. Besides answering queries about how long weed stays in our body post-consumption, the blog also provides insight into the factors that determine how long will cannabis remain in your body. So, all the curious heads out there, don’t forget to read till the end.
Why Does Weed Stay in Our System Long After Consumption?
That’s the key!
If you are wondering about how long does weed stays in your system for a beginner or experienced weed user, know that the mind-altering compound can stay in your body for several weeks and months Now that’s a very long time, right?
But that’s what the reality is.
Unlike any other compound, weed stays in your body for a quite long time. So, before getting ahead to know about the duration the cannabis compounds stay in our body or the factors that affect the same, it is really important to know the reason why does cannabis lingers in our system for a long time.
Depending on what method you choose to consume weed, the cannabis compounds or cannabinoids enter your system and start getting processed (absorbed). Thereafter, they (cannabinoid molecules) travel to various organs of your body including the kidney, liver, brain, and even blood.
And like you already know cannabis compounds, particularly THC, are fat-soluble. While the cannabinoids transported to the liver and kidneys undergo metabolism and come out of our system via urine or stool, the fat-soluble compounds attach themselves to fat tissues. They reside in the fat tissues of your body and stay there for long. Thus, even after weeks and months post-consumption, your body can show up weed on drug tests.
Rule: The More You Intake, The Longer it Resides
The more you consume, the longer it stays!
That’s the thumb rule when it comes to weed, cannabis, Marijuana, or whatever you call it. And it is only because the more amount of cannabis in your body means more time required to break down the compound and clean it up from the system. Also, if you are looking ahead to remove the weed from your body, stop the consumption before anything else.
While it already takes quite some time for your body to eliminate the weed from your system, carrying on with the intake means restarting the already long process.
How Long Does Weed Stay in the System of an Athlete?
If you are curious about how long does weed stay in the system of an athlete, there’s something you must know.
The basic mechanism to every one of ours bodies is practically the same. Whatever we eat undergoes the same metabolic process to get digested and be absorbed for the nutrients. Isn’t it?
Also Read – Weed Tattoos: Meaning and Significance
The same is the case with weed. Whether you are an athlete or non-athlete, breaking down the cannabis compounds to be eliminated from your body takes a somewhat equal amount of time. But your lifestyle and physical activeness might bring about the change.
Because athletes are way more physically active than normal people, they tend to have a higher metabolism. It means the weed compounds are removed faster from their body. Also, do they drink lots more water and practice liquid intakes, the weed flushes out quickly from their system. However, these two factors are not as important as the amount consumed. Because the rule states, “the more you consume, the longer it stays.”
Factors that Determine How Long Does Weed Stay in Your System for a Beginner
It is indeed true that the body of an athlete flushes out cannabis faster than that of ours. But there are still a few factors that play the lead when the storyline is about how long does weed stays in your system for a beginner. Following are the factors that determine how long will weed stay in your system.
- Dosage: The amount of cannabis intake isn’t about how often you consume the compound. There could be a person taking two doses of 5mg every day and there could also be someone consuming a single dose of 25mg. What matters at the end of the day is how heavy your doses are and how much cannabis they make in the body.
- Frequency: Take the same scenario with little changes, there could be someone smoking 10mg of marijuana thrice a day and someone taking one puff of 5mg four times a day. When the system starts to process the compound, the person despite less frequency ends up with more cannabis in his body than the other one.
- Body Weight: Heavy body means more fat tissues. And as stated above, weed compounds tend to attach themselves to the fat tissues and remain in the system for weeks and months. So, if you have a high body weight, the weed in your body might take longer than others to flush out.
- Metabolism: Faster metabolism means faster elimination of drugs!
If you are looking ahead to remove weed compounds from your body, you must spend some time working out because physical activeness means high metabolism.
- Amount/Quantity: Did you ever see that a few people have a high tolerance against psychoactive elements including alcohol and weed?
These people are required to consume the compound in more amounts to enjoy the desired effects whereas someone with low tolerance can experience euphoria even with weed in traces. The after-effects of cannabis may subsidize after a couple of hours but it remains in the system for weeks and months.
How Long Will Weed Show Up on Drug Tests After Consumption?
Also, keep a note that the type of drug test you are undergoing shall determine if cannabis will show up in the result or not!
The type of drug test affects what result you are to expect. As of now, there are four drug tests used by professionals to analyze the presence of drugs in your body. How long will weed show up on drug tests after consumption varies from one test to another?
- Blood Test: The cannabis in your system can express itself on a blood test for at least 2 days after consumption if you are an occasional weed user. For someone who intakes cannabis regularly, the blood test may detect the compound for about a week.
- Urine Test: Cannabis aka weed remains detectable in a urine test for 10 to 30 days post-consumption.
- Saliva Test: The saliva test can detect weed in your system for not more than 1 to 2 days.
- Hair Follicle Test: This one drug test can detect drugs in your body even 3 months after the intake. Some studies suggest that the hair follicle test can detect weed and other drugs from a few years ago too.